So sorry for not updating at ALL this past month, I've been ridiculously crazy with going on for Martha in DC, rehearsing Wendla in understudy rehearsals & playing her in the big put-in dress rehearsal for the new cast members, and being sick for the last half of Chicago! As most of you know, we're on a 7-week layoff right now, and it's AMAZING! At the same time, I'm missing my Springies, but we've all been chatting via countless internet sources - fbook, twitter, texting, you name it. It's really strange to send all my friends off to college and not be right along side of them, buying textbooks and dorm-y things. I'm no longer the college graduating class of '13, and it freaks me out just the slightest bit. That being said, I couldn't be happier to be a part of this amazing show, and I count my blessings every day that I get to be a kid for another year and just goof off and perform this beautiful piece of art with the craziest, most talented people I've ever met. My dad always says, "If your passion becomes your career, you never have to work another day in your life." I don't feel like I have a typical 'job' because I'm truly living my dream, and it's more than I could ever ask for.
Side note: Ten of my best friends got to see me go on as Thea in DC, how did that happen?! The universe was on my side that day. I told them I'd write about them in my blog, so I am. Happy now, snails?! I love you. :) PS - They were the greatest audience ever. It was a Sunday matinee. They cheered when I legitimately just walked forward in Mama Reprise, DURING the song. God, I love them.
Here's a list of things I'm planning to do during the next 6 weeks of my life:
1. New York City. At least once a week, maybe more.
2. Get my left cartilage, third holes, and right upper ear pierced on Monday. I can let them heal for 6 weeks and be ready to go when we go back to Milwaukee! Love my planning abilities :)
3. Broadway shows - In the Heights, Hair (again), Avenue Q (my acting teacher is playing Princeton in the closing cast! AH! go see him) Billy Elliot, Bye Bye Birdie (seeing friends! and my face plastered all over the theater...yikes.)
4. Visit Claudia, Nicole, Spencer, Kelsey & Charlo at school. Lots of train tickets for lots of weekends.
5. Seeing The Fray with Kels at her school! CRAZY, I know.
6. Organize my life. And my closet. Maybe shop a little. I don't know.
7. Finish writing the 3 songs I started writing at the beginning of the summer.
8. Play a lot of tennis with Mommy & Gi.
9. KEEP HEALTHY. DO NOT GET SICK.
10. Spend lots of time with family.
Until next time,